Part of the grid disappearing

Elliott

Apr 14, 2011, 12:55:27 PM4/14/11
to Gummworld2
Hello again,

I'm using the bunnies example game as a jumping off point and most of
it is working fine (thanks for that example!). But when I load my own
tmx map and show the grid, at least the first 6 tiles only have a grid
outline if I move the window to the right a bit. Then if I move it
back, they disappear again! Any ideas?

How about some pictures? I put them in my google pictures:
https://profiles.google.com/111838039204303224410/

Thanks again,
Elliott

B W

Apr 14, 2011, 5:25:12 PM4/14/11
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Elliot.

Without seeing the code I can't be certain, but this seems like a problem with collapsed map usage and a recently discovered bug in Camera.restore().

Can you answer some questions.

1. Are you using a collapsed map (toolkit.collapse_map or toolkit.collapse_layers)?
2. Are you using State.save() and State.restore() to switch maps and cameras in order to draw the grid?

It would help if you could provide a download link to your source.

Gumm

Elliott

Apr 15, 2011, 3:32:36 PM4/15/11
to Gummworld2
Hello,

I did some ctrl-f work and looked for those lines you suggested to no
avail. I uploaded the source here:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3h6sulLTpmrODU0MTViYTYtMzI0YS00YzJkLWI3NTAtNjA2ZWVlYzNhNjFj&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

I'm not using State.save() and State.restore() anywhere that I can
see. Is that a prerequisite for showing the grid properly?

Thank you very much for taking a look,
Elliott

Elliott

Apr 15, 2011, 7:32:43 PM4/15/11
to Gummworld2
Whoops, I may have had the settings wrong on that file. (Sorry) In any
case, here it is hosted elsewhere: http://www.juneninth.com/download/source.zip

On Apr 15, 3:32 pm, Elliott <a7o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did some ctrl-f work and looked for those lines you suggested to no
> avail. I uploaded the source here:https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3h6sulLTpmrODU0MTViYTYtMzI0YS00YzJk...

B W

Apr 16, 2011, 12:49:43 AM4/16/11
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the source, Elliott. It helped me get right to the bottom of the issue. I uncovered some bugs in toolkit.draw_grid() and Map.get_tiles() that I hadn't seen yet, as well as a gross inefficiency in the latter. I've corrected all of those

I've also merged all the bug fixes and enhancements that surfaced over the past month.

Version 0.1.2 is now available in SVN rev 272 and zip.

http://code.google.com/p/gummworld2/downloads/detail?name=gummworld2-src-0.1.2.zip

Cheers.

bw

Elliott

Apr 16, 2011, 2:09:26 PM4/16/11
to Gummworld2
Wow, thank you for the quick response! The grid is looking wonderful
now.

-Elliott