Integration PGU & Gummlib, is it possible?

joa.c...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2015, 8:36:19 AM6/24/15
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gummbum and everybody!

I wish to have PGU buttons, checkboxes, etc. integrated in my in-game screen managed by the gummlib engine.

Have anybody already done or tried something like this?
thanks!

bw

Jun 24, 2015, 1:51:26 PM6/24/15
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are some pretty beefy examples of this in world_editor.py in the root directory of gummworld2.

Please note. I don't think PGU has been updated for Python 3, so using PGU will tie your app to 2.x indefinitely. (This may have changed in the past year and I just missed the PGU announcement.)

Some things I could not figure out how to make work perfectly, such as resizing scrollbars when the pygame window is resized. I had to destroy and recreate the scrollbars.

Gumm

joa.c...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 2:39:31 AM6/25/15
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Ok!

I saw the pgu library already included in gummlib project but I didn't know why (I found nothing in examples or libraries) and world_Editor.py is the key! perfect

I've not investigated about PGU and python3, but for the instance I have test all examples by using python3 command with no problems.

thanks!