Question Please!

MatikFIeash_fish

Nov 6, 2013, 2:03:11 AM11/6/13
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
To Gummbum(cause i don't know your real name :) )

were is the main core of 23_supermap.py

or in other words, how does it work. i am trying to develop
a tiled game.    I have figured out how to make my own map(with tiled)
I also need to know how to put rectangle(pygame.rec)
on the map.

Thanks for your help in advanced, Matikflesh_fish

bw

Nov 6, 2013, 10:45:24 AM11/6/13
to gummw...@googlegroups.com
Howdy. "Gumm" is fine. Or Gummbum. But ya doesn't has to call me MrGummbum. =)

I'm not sure what you mean by "core", but if it is the gummworld2 library this is in gamelib/gummworld2. There you will find the supermap.py module and the rest.

gamelib/gummworld2/__init__.py imports the many modules into the gummworld2 namespace so that you can reference gummworld2.whatever.

The supermap.SuperMap requires a supermap.MapHandler to tell it how to dynamically load and unload parts of the map (see towards the end of the demo program). Depending on your method, the MapHandler can use Tiled maps or custom maps--this is left up to the programmer. The demo program uses a Tiled map.

If this answer doesn't get you unstuck, send more questions.

Cheers,

Gumm