20-June-24: Mastering Accessibility Statements, ACRS, VPATs, Documentation & Metadata (book now for this June Webinar)

Ana Isabel

Jun 14, 2024, 7:08:06 AMJun 14
to OFFICIO e Ambiente - Inovar

Hassell Inclusion logo
Dear

Website Accessibility Statements were first created to improve the communication between organisations and their users who have disabilities to transparently show them the steps the organisation is taking to improve its accessibility, and what they haven’t been able to achieve yet.

Unfortunately, they are often co-opted by legal and PR staff to say what the organisation wants to think they’re doing with accessibility. They’re also sometimes used as an alternative to fixing accessibility issues on websites and making excuses.

Accessibility Conformance Reports (ACRs - often called VPATs) are the counterpart where your organisation is creating a digital tool rather than a website, and the audience who want to know whether it is accessible are your sales leads, rather than the people with disabilities in those companies who would use the tool if it was procured.

Getting the balance between transparency and embarrassment in these documents is key, as is the ability to show your organisation is making progress with accessibility, even if you’re not perfect yet.

In this webinar, our the team will be talking about how to get accessibility statements and ACRs right, what should and shouldn’t be in them, how to win in writing them without misleading your customers, and how the rules and formats change across different countries.

We’ll also discuss the impact of the legislation of the upcoming European Accessibility Act (EAA) on documenting the accessibility functionality of your products and services.

Join us to get to grips with accessibility statements and much more.

As usual, if you have any specific questions on this topic, then please let us know in the comments section when you book, and we’ll answer as many as possible during the session.

Best Wishes,

The Hassell Inclusion Team

LinkedIn Icon

Twitter Icon

Be sure to add hassellinc.ac...@acems2.com to your email contacts list to prevent you from missing out on our emails. If you need help with this, then here are instructions for different email clients.

Hassell Inclusion Ltd, 205 Wrotham Rd, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 7LE, United Kingdom