error while running guess version 1.0.4 after the compilation

17 views
Skip to first unread message

tushar sharma

unread,
Aug 19, 2011, 3:42:43 PM8/19/11
to guess-...@googlegroups.com
I have compiled guess from the src. After getting the guess.jar file i
replace it with the old guess.jar i found in my /program files/guess/
lib folder.

Now the execution of the guess.bat is throwing the following error.
I also got few errors when i tried to compile the src by ant but i
ignored them as it was making the build directory with
requisite .class files.

any help will be appreciated.
Also at the discussion forum the admin hasn't added this problem .. plz help me out

The error says:

GUESS Version: 1.0.4beta (20110809-1247)
Could not enable OpenGL pipeline for default config on screen 0
Uncaught error fetching image:
java.lang.NullPointerException
       at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.
getConnection(Unknown Source)
       at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(Unknown Source)
       at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(Unknown
Source)
       at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(Unknown Source)
       at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(Unknown Source)


--
visit my blog http://tushar-rational-thinking.blogspot.com/


Tushar Sharma


Eytan Adar

unread,
Aug 19, 2011, 3:45:02 PM8/19/11
to guess-...@googlegroups.com
try modifying the command line in the bat/sh file to not use the opengl pipeline

-Eytan

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "guess-discuss" group.
> To post to this group, send email to guess-...@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> guess-discus...@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/guess-discuss?hl=en.
>

Tushar Sharma

unread,
Aug 19, 2011, 4:02:24 PM8/19/11
to guess-discuss
Thanks for replying Eytan ... yes i have modified guess.bat file and
the opengl error is gone ... but those errors in fetching the images
is still there

On Aug 20, 12:45 am, Eytan Adar <eytana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> try modifying the command line in the bat/sh file to not use the opengl pipeline
>
> -Eytan
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM, tushar sharma
>
> <tushar.sharm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have compiled guess from the src. After getting the guess.jar file i
> > replace it with the old guess.jar i found in my /program files/guess/
> > lib folder.
>
> > Now the execution of the guess.bat is throwing the following error.
> > I also got few errors when i tried to compile the src by ant but i
> > ignored them as it was making the build directory with
> > requisite .class files.
>
> > any help will be appreciated.
> > Also at the discussion forum the admin hasn't added this problem .. plz help
> > me out
>
> > The error says:
>
> > GUESS Version: 1.0.4beta (20110809-1247)
> > Could not enable OpenGL pipeline for default config on screen 0
> > Uncaught error fetching image:
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >        at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.
> > getConnection(Unknown Source)
> >        at sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(Unknown Source)
> >        at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(Unknown
> > Source)
> >        at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(Unknown Source)
> >        at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(Unknown Source)
>
> > --
> > visit my bloghttp://tushar-rational-thinking.blogspot.com/

Eytan Adar

unread,
Aug 19, 2011, 4:07:10 PM8/19/11
to guess-...@googlegroups.com
is that the entirety of the error log?

I can't tell what is failing in the GUESS code since it's all sun
errors... my guess is that it's looking for the images that it uses in
the UI and can't find them.

-Eytan

Tushar Sharma

unread,
Aug 19, 2011, 4:12:54 PM8/19/11
to guess-discuss
actually guess ui couldn't be loaded just because of these errors ..
there is no processing once it displays these errors ..
yes i also guessed the same reason .. may be there is something wrong
with the path of the image folder that should be the part of jar file.
but i have already checked at my level ..

I appreciate ur reply ... let me again check what is wrong with it ..

Thanks

On Aug 20, 1:07 am, Eytan Adar <eytana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is that the entirety of the error log?
>
> I can't tell what is failing in the GUESS code since it's all sun
> errors... my guess is that it's looking for the images that it uses in
> the UI and can't find them.
>
> -Eytan
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Tushar Sharma
>
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages