setting background image

ko

Oct 31, 2011, 11:55:54 AM10/31/11
to guess-discuss
I tried setting a background image in Guess 1.0.4b with
setBackgroundImage(), but it apparently does not like .svg files. Is
there some way to include a scalable background that will zoom
together with the graph?

Thanks.

Kostas

Eytan Adar

Oct 31, 2011, 12:10:17 PM10/31/11
to guess-...@googlegroups.com
unfortunately, it only does bitmap image files right now (png, jpg, gif, etc.)

You can "draw" to the background if you're feeling very ambitious by
drawing your own custom nodes and putting them at the back...
(probably not worth the effort, but see the bottom of:
http://guess.wikispot.org/The_GUESS_.gdf_format)

-E

ko

Oct 31, 2011, 1:01:45 PM10/31/11
to guess-discuss
Hmm, I see. What I wanted to do is include a geographic map (outline)
as background, like in the example in the Guess manual.
But zooming is the issue.

Eytan Adar

Oct 31, 2011, 1:25:04 PM10/31/11
to guess-...@googlegroups.com
that image is just a big bitmap... I could imagine adding an event
listener to the camera and then reloading the image at the appropriate
scale (like google maps), but again, I'm not sure if it's worth the
effort.

-E

ko

Oct 31, 2011, 2:08:15 PM10/31/11
to guess-discuss
I know it's a bitmap. But how would you reload a bitmap "at the
appropriate scale"?
Maybe I can write a bit of code to do what I want.