USL ->> MPP response time

Baron Schwartz

Jan 14, 2016, 10:20:45 AM1/14/16
to guerrilla-capacity-planning
https://www.vividcortex.com/blog/analyzing-sparks-mpp-scalability-with-the-usl is an example of how the USL is versatile enough to be applied to a variety of scenarios.

hasan ceylan

Apr 4, 2016, 5:04:43 PM4/4/16
to Guerrilla Capacity Planning
Hi Mr. Schwartz,

I read your books in github, very good. I am trying to create a model to predict number of servers or jvms to account for growth in volume of data or number of users to an application. The challenge is that I don't have historical data. I can only get information about current environment (number users/reports etc, how many request are served, response times). Given the PDQ, would I be able to predict the number of underlying resources, like servers, jvm's etc need for a given growth rate.

Thanks in advance.