Confirmation of patent free code base of files under CC0-1.0 licensed files which doesn't provide patent protection to downstream users

DR

Feb 28, 2024, 11:00:54 AMFeb 28
to guava-discuss
Hello all,

Thanks for this library. Guava is a well known library and been used by many downstream users until now. But I'd like to bring to the community highlight there are few files mentioned in https://github.com/google/guava/issues/6189 which is under CC0-1.0 license. Unlike the main license Apache-2.0 the cc0-1.0 doesnt provide any patent violation protection to the downstream users if those few (8) files has patented code stuff in it. Its highly unlikely that patented stuff gets inside the well known code base but despite that can we have a confirmation from the contributios of 8 files that no patented code has been infused in it.? This mere confirmation  will avoid any ambiguity/patent risks & safegaurds all those users who doesnt even know about the underlying issue

Thanks
Regards
Dinesh

DR