History of API changes/backward compatibility

Andrey Ponomarenko

Apr 6, 2016, 11:32:17 AM4/6/16
to guava-discuss
Just a new look at the history of API changes and backward compatibility of the Guava library down to 10.0 version: http://abi-laboratory.pro/java/tracker/timeline/guava/

The reports are generated by the japi-compliance-checker tool (open-source): https://github.com/lvc/japi-compliance-checker

Thanks for your feedback.

Chris Povirk

Apr 6, 2016, 11:36:55 AM4/6/16
to Andrey Ponomarenko, guava-discuss
Thanks for running this. We tried out japi internally last year and found that we liked it better than JDiff, mainly because it's less noisy. But we haven't done the work to generate and publish reports for each release.

Andrey Ponomarenko

Apr 14, 2016, 12:54:43 PM4/14/16
to guava-discuss, andrey.v.p...@gmail.com
I've made a lot of serious improvements and fixes (performance, quality of analysis, bugs, etc.) in the latest versions of the japi-compliance-checker tool (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, ...): http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/Java_API_Compliance_Checker_Downloads

Please update.

Tomo Suzuki

Jan 25, 2021, 3:05:03 PMJan 25
to guava-discuss
Hi Andrey,

I was searching for a tool to show diff of Guava versions between 25.1-jre and 30.1-jre and found this email thread in guava-discuss about japi-compliance-checker.
The report generation worked great (the "compat_report.html" attached in BEAM-11626; screenshot below). I like the programmer-friendly "Effect" description. As the report is one file (no separate CSS or JavaScript files), it was easy to attach to the JIRA ticket.

Thank you for creating japi-compliance-checker!

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 15.01.49.png

Regards,
Tomo