Index error with jandex

siva CH

Jul 20, 2022, 8:27:25 AM7/20/22
to guava-discuss
Hi , currently I am trying to upgrade guava jar to latest version 31.1 but getting some compatibility issue with jandex. Could someone let me know is it an issue from guava end.
Not seeing this issue with guava 30.1 version.

WFLYSRV0003: Could not index class com/google/common/util/concurrent/AbstractListeningExecutorService.class at /C:/guava-31.1-jre.jar: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
at org.jbos...@2.1.2.Final-redhat-00001//org.jboss.jandex.Indexer.updateTypeTarget(Indexer.java:840)

Thiago Ribeiro

Aug 31, 2022, 11:51:09 PM8/31/22
to guava-discuss
i have this problem too. Managed to solve?

ashutosh kamble

May 30, 2023, 7:39:56 AM5/30/23
to guava-discuss
do we have any resolution for this ?

Joachim Durchholz

May 30, 2023, 10:02:07 AM5/30/23
to guava-...@googlegroups.com
To decide what kind of issue this is, the developers would need:

- A small, self-contained program to reproduce.
- Alternatively, source code and some reproducible build.

The exception happens inside JBoss' Indexer.java, but it's unclear what
it's trying to do, why it was called, so nobody can diagnose whether the
bug is in Guava or in the caller. The issue here is that there are no
Guava line numbers (i.e. it's using a non-debug build), so somebody with
enough time would have to look into Guava and has has a mere 50-50
chance to actually see the problem (assuming Guava and application are
equally likely).
From the looks of the original message, it's likely a PEBKAC - putting
a JAR file into C:\ means that's a completely unprofessional
environment, so I'd probably ignore this entirely if I were on the Guava
team.

IOW I'd recommend posting your own message, with a Main.java and
build.gradle to make the build reproducible (pom.xml would likely work,
too).

HTH
Jo