Android users: Please test 33.0.0 or higher

Chris Povirk

Apr 2, 2024, 3:53:38 PMApr 2
to guava-discuss
Starting with that version (released in December), we are experimenting with including Java 8+ APIs in guava-android. Before we commit to adding such APIs, we want as much testing as we can get: If we later expose a set of Java 8+ APIs and then discover that they break users, we won't want to remove them, as the removal would break users, too.

My tentative plan is to begin adding such APIs in earnest in May. Please let us know of any problems before then, or let us know if you need more time. Thanks.

Chris Povirk

May 9, 2024, 1:10:05 PMMay 9
to guava-discuss
33.2.0, released last week, adds some Java 8+ APIs that we expect to be heavily used (such as toImmutableList).

Please test with 33.2.0 (or at least 33.0.0) if you have not already, as we'll be finalizing those APIs if we don't hear of problems. Thanks.