401 error

gg gg

Feb 28, 2024, 4:39:37 AMFeb 28
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi there,

I want to research chatbots more broadly and then medical chatbots more specifically to then develop over into a textual context analysis in R. Unfortunately I cannot get over the first hurdle.

Hope to hear from someone.

Retrieving page 1
Error in open.connection(con, "rb") :
  cannot open the connection to 'https://content.guardianapis.com/tags?q=chatbot&api-key=da1a4cc87a984079a22804f1e2437e80&show-references=all&page-size=50'
In addition: Warning message:
In open.connection(con, "rb") :
  cannot open URL 'https://content.guardianapis.com/tags?q=chatbot&api-key=da1a4cc87a984079a22804f1e2437e80&show-references=all&page-size=50': HTTP status was '401 Unauthorized'

Emily Bourke

Feb 28, 2024, 4:49:52 AMFeb 28
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi,

I can’t find a record of the API key you’re using in our database, which I think is why you’re getting a 401 – replacing it with another key produces a working query for me. I’m assuming you got that key in an email from us after registering through our developer registration form: would you mind forwarding that email to my address so I can look into it further?

Best wishes,
Emily

Emily Bourke

Feb 28, 2024, 4:53:40 AMFeb 28
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi,

I can’t find a record of the API key you’re using in our database, which I think is why you’re getting a 401 – replacing it with another key produces a working query for me. I’m assuming you got that key in an email from us after registering through our developer registration form: would you mind forwarding that email to my address so I can look into it further?

(Apologies if you receive this message twice! I initially left out the quoted email and thought it would be clearer to include it.)

Best wishes,
Emily