Re: Initial API request failed

Emily Bourke

May 28, 2024, 4:31:17 AMMay 28
to selestin...@gmail.com, guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Selestino,

> Hi please assist, how can l deal with this error
>
> nitial API request failed: 429 Client Error: Too Many Requests for url: https://content.guardianapis.com/search?api-key=REDACTED&production-office=aus&from-date=2020-01-01&show-fields=bodyText&page-size=50

That error message means you have exceeded the request limits we set
on your key, which are currently 60 requests per minute and 500
requests per day – you should be able to make more requests after
waiting until the next minute or day.

If these limits are too low for what you need to do, we can possibly
raise them: please send us a message outlining what you need to do
with the API if you’d like us to consider this.

(Note, I have redacted your key in your message above to avoid sending
it out to the whole list – please don’t include your key in future
messages.)

Best wishes,
Emily

--
Emily Bourke (she/her)
Software engineer

--

This e-mail and all attachments are confidential and may also be
privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender

Guardian News & Media Limited is a member of Guardian Media Group plc.
Registered Office: PO Box 68164, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1P 2AP.
 Registered in England Number 908396