large changes in number of articles per year in technology section

Aug 11, 2020, 9:17:14 AM8/11/20
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
I am currently analysing the technology section from theguardian.com. I have downloaded the news articles through the Guardian API and am now wondering whether there is an obvious reason as to why the number of articles changes quite dramatically through the years. I have looked at webPublicationDate, firstPublicationDate, newspaperEditionDate and the earliest values across these variables. I would have expected to see somewhat similar numbers of articles throughout the years, but that is not the case.
I thought about late uploads of earlier articles on specific dates, but that does not seem to explain it fully. Would love to receive some feedback!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-11 um 15.12.04.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-11 um 15.14.20.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-11 um 15.14.30.png