'status': 'error', 'message': 'Content API does not support paging this far.

Tim McGowan

Oct 28, 2023, 8:45:58 AM10/28/23
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi,

I want to make a list of the tags.
This seems like a good place to start to focus my requests.

I get the status code 400 when I request more that 190 pages.
Nevertheless I can see that there is a total of 68251 records , meaning
I should make 342 requests using a page size of 200.

Can you suggest a way around this restriction?

Please adivse.
Thanks,
Tim

Jonathon Herbert

Nov 2, 2023, 1:20:37 PM11/2/23
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi Tim,

Thanks for the question – we've realised that there's a part of our API for this use case that was undocumented.

We've updated our documentation on the open platform site – see the 'Deep Pagination' section at the bottom.

Hope that helps – let us know how you get on!

Jon.