Ethics Issue

James Yuan

Dec 11, 2023, 11:48:02 AM12/11/23
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hi,

Can anyone suugest that the Guardian APIs and collected contents are free be used for research, not commercial use.

Guardian Open Platform API Forum

Dec 14, 2023, 5:39:27 AM12/14/23
to Guardian Open Platform API Forum
Hello,

The type of access you need may depend on your intended area of research. Have a look at the definitions of Developer (non-commercial) and Commercial keys as described here: https://open-platform.theguardian.com/access/

You can also find our full terms and conditions related to the use of our Open Platform services here: https://www.theguardian.com/open-platform/terms-and-conditions.

Hopefully these will help you determine which type of key you need.

Many thanks,
The Open Platform Team

James Yuan

Dec 14, 2023, 7:08:57 AM12/14/23
to guardian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks, I checked the full terms and conditions, however I did not find any information related to the use of the collected content. May I confirm with you if we are allowed to use the data downloaded to conduct research and analysis.