automatic software decoding fallback for unsupported codecs?

Andy Walsh

May 14, 2022, 5:48:23 AM5/14/22
to Vimu Media Player for TV Support Group
I cant play H264 10bit on shield, since its not hardware supported. Yet Vimu just fully fails with a exoplayer error.
I would like a automatic software decoding fallback, for such cases via ffmpeg, since shield is mostly powerfully enough to software decode this format.

Alexander

May 14, 2022, 6:09:32 AM5/14/22
to gtv...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, it’s not easy to implement with current Vimu architecture. However, I’m thinking about this.