[Bug] Subtitles HUGE when watching 1080p on 4K TV (wrong scaling)

Ahmed Osman

Jan 22, 2023, 12:37:29 PM1/22/23
to Vimu Media Player for TV Support Group
Philips Android 11 4K TV
Android OS running at 1080p60 (as is the case with all TVs)

Playing 1080p mp4 with mov_text subtitles, the scaling is incorrect and text is absolutely HUGE.

I think it is 4x bigger than it should.

Reducing size to minimum helps but still bigger than is needed.

4k files play normally.

Can we use android's builtin subtitle renderer? (like JustPlayer, check code on github). This should handle all the complicated scaling automatically.