vimu engine video stuttering

mighty plow

May 1, 2024, 6:22:24 AMMay 1
to Vimu Media Player for TV Support Group
Hi,

I stumbled over very choppy video playback. I use the app on a Chromecast with Android TV. After playing around with the settings I found out that when disabling the vemu engine the video playback is much smoother. Sadly then some other features like switching audio tracks aren't working anymore. Disabling the setting to adjust the devices playback rate to the video rate helps a little bit but still it's not as smooth as when disabling the vimu engine.

Do you know whether this is a bug or whether I do have to check any other settings. Enabling the OpenGL playback doesn't neither.

Cheers

Alexander

May 1, 2024, 6:26:52 AMMay 1
to gtv...@googlegroups.com
Does it happen with all content or some?
Did you try to enable Tunneling engine mode?

1 мая 2024 г., в 13:22, mighty plow <might...@gmail.com> написал(а):

Hi,

I stumbled over very choppy video playback. I use the app on a Chromecast with Android TV. After playing around with the settings I found out that when disabling the vemu engine the video playback is much smoother. Sadly then some other features like switching audio tracks aren't working anymore. Disabling the setting to adjust the devices playback rate to the video rate helps a little bit but still it's not as smooth as when disabling the vimu engine.

Do you know whether this is a bug or whether I do have to check any other settings. Enabling the OpenGL playback doesn't neither.

Cheers

mighty plow

May 1, 2024, 6:38:28 AMMay 1
to Vimu Media Player for TV Support Group
it's jinxed. I just enabled vimu engine again and set it to tunneling and now everything is fine after checking on another video. I swear I had this setting already enabled and it didn't help. Maybe I had to restart the app after adjusting the engine. I didn't do this before but now I had to from turning vimu engine on again.

Nevermind, it seems to be gone.

Thank you for the very fast reply btw!