Button remapping and better subtitle/audio selection support?

Andy Walsh

May 1, 2022, 11:28:31 AM5/1/22
to Vimu Media Player for TV Support Group
I really like Vimu and bought it, best AndroidTV player atm.

What i really miss as Anime user is the ability to quickly switch the audio track and subtitle track via remote.

The latest Jellyfin client has a button remap options for just that, so if Vimu could add such a feature this would be great.
What i want is the ability to remap my unused (forward/rewind/play-pause) on my shield remote.

Than ultimately the most advanced solution is fully automatic audio/subtitle selection based on advanced settings.
In mpv you can use mpv-sub-select script and set mpv to "alang=ja,jp,jpn,en,eng" to get this done.
In LAV filters on windows you can setup advanced selection as described here.

Would be nice to have something similar, maybe just allow multiple audio track languages that can be sorted in a list window and do something similar for subtitle tracks?

Alexander

May 1, 2022, 1:03:12 PM5/1/22
to gtv...@googlegroups.com
Vimu can switch audio by pressing A key (on a PC keyboard, if connected) and switch subtitle by pressing S key. So, I suppose you can use your app to remap to these keys.

Andy Walsh

May 2, 2022, 11:00:30 AM5/2/22
to Vimu Media Player for TV Support Group
Ah ok, is there a list of hotkeys somewhere? I'm also looking for a way to quickly disable bitstreaming, so i can switch from HDMI to a USB-DAC ?

thanks

Alexander

May 2, 2022, 11:02:46 AM5/2/22
to gtv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Most modern ATV devices do not have much keys on their remotes. So, we do not have a list of hotkeys.

Currently, its not possible to switch pass/pcm with a hotkey.