Next Meeting scheduled, August 30th, 7PM, Google Midtown: Logan Johnson "Android App Assimilation"

Charlie Collins

Aug 17, 2011, 12:13:56 PM8/17/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
Hi all.

We're all set for another meeting this month, last Tuesday (back to
our normal M/O), August 30th, 7PM, Google Midtown. For this one our
very own Logan Johnson will step up and present an interesting looking
talk on "Android App Assimilation." Logan's a sharp guy and great
developer, and the abstract for this talk looks great:

"The best Android apps are those that tightly integrate with the
platform and other applications. Unlike many other platforms, in
Android this capability is available to any application developer;
Android is designed for users to hop from app to app seamlessly and
for data to be ubiquitous and shareable, not kept in silos accessible
only from the home screen.

In this talk we’ll take a tour of integration points available to the
Android application developer. We’ll touch on opportunities to
integrate tightly with the platform itself and with the built-in
applications; on consuming data and services from other apps; on
exposing your own app’s data and services for consumption; and on
providing convenient entry points into your app itself."

Mark your calendars, tell your friends, come one come all. Just
remember to bring $5 to pitch in for beer/soda/pizza if you partake.

Also PARKING WILL BE FREE. The building policy changed and several
people were charged trying to leave the parking lot at our last
meeting, but that won't happen this time. We'll be working out
validation with Google so that meeting participants can continue to
park at the building for free (more details on that will follow, but
it will be free).

Thanks.
--
Charlie