Nothing lined up yet for October

Charlie Collins

Oct 17, 2011, 10:07:10 AM10/17/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
The last Tues of this month (Oct 28th) is fast approaching and I don't
have a topic/speaker lined up yet.

I apologize, but I've been extra busy this month (besides travel for
work, a little side project of mine finally wrapped up and it took a
lot of time, shameless plug: http://www.amazon.com/Android-Practice-Charlie-Collins/dp/1935182927).

Anyway, if you have any ideas or suggestions, or want to present to
the group yourself, please let me know.

thanks
--
Charlie

Summers Pittman ℝ

Oct 17, 2011, 10:35:54 AM10/17/11
to gtug-a...@googlegroups.com
Well there is Ice Cream Sandwhich, Android SDK 14, and Google TV SDK final for topic suggestions.

I've also been toying with AndEngine some if anyone is interested with a bit of demo foo.

Summers Pittman
>>Phone:912 293 2314
>>Java is my crack.

AdiR1

Oct 18, 2011, 9:45:57 AM10/18/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
Actually, may I propose PlayN as a topic?

I know at least one guy in Google Atlanta who works on it, maybe he
can give us an introduction and beyond.

In few words - it is a framework for developing cross-platform games,
that use GWT and run in HTML5, Android and soon on iPhone/iPad. Oh,
and in Flash also.

Charlie - email me direct for his contact info, but I just wasn't sure
if there is interest from the rest of the group.

Thanks!
Adi R.

On Oct 17, 10:07 am, Charlie Collins <charlie.coll...@gmail.com>

Charlie Collins

Oct 18, 2011, 10:03:25 AM10/18/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
+1 fpr playn

I had actually meant to follow up on that after Dan Galpin mentioned
to me that that was why he was in town, to meet with those guys. I'd
be *very* interested in getting them to speak about said topic, so
I'll follow up.

thanks!

Charlie Collins

Oct 18, 2011, 10:11:59 AM10/18/11
to GTUG-Atlanta

Ohhhh, AndEngine. Intriguing. I've looked at it a few times but not
ever used it yet. I'd be very interested in a demo on that.

Also, I know there is a ton of Android stuff coming down the pike, and
being an Android fan boy I don't mind discussing it ALL THE TIMES, but
I've had suggestions from other folks that we try to diversify things
a bit. Since our last few meetings were Android focused I'd like to
get another topic in the house. Python, playN, Dart, Go, something.
Don't worry if you too are an Android person though, it will still be
prevalent, but possibly just not three meetings in a row ;). Of
course, if nothing else surfaces, quickly, then yeah, I think ICS,
GTV, and a general roundup of new Android stuff (with AndEngine demo)
would be a great topic.

On Oct 17, 10:35 am, Summers Pittman ℝ <second...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well there is Ice Cream Sandwhich, Android SDK 14, and Google TV SDK final
> for topic suggestions.
>
> I've also been toying with AndEngine some if anyone is interested with a bit
> of demo foo.
>
> Summers Pittman
>
> >>Phone:912 293 2314
> >>Java is my crack.
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Charlie Collins <charlie.coll...@gmail.com

Summers Pittman ℝ

Oct 18, 2011, 10:29:50 AM10/18/11
to gtug-a...@googlegroups.com
I've had suggestions from other folks that we try to diversify things
a bit.

What? Google does things other than Android? ;)  Actually, a run down on Plus (features, APIs, best practices for companies etc) may be fun too.

Summers Pittman
>>Phone:912 293 2314
>>Java is my crack.

Barry Hawkins

Oct 18, 2011, 10:37:06 AM10/18/11
to gtug-a...@googlegroups.com
That should be pretty short; according to Steve Yegge's post, there's one Plus API call right? :-)

systemsplanet

Oct 18, 2011, 8:28:55 PM10/18/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
+1 for playn

I'm interested in good UX (User Experience) design, if anyone knows
someone they
could recommend for game development.

On Oct 17, 10:07 am, Charlie Collins <charlie.coll...@gmail.com>

JIm Snyder

Oct 18, 2011, 10:02:48 PM10/18/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
Is there interest in Google Analytics as a topic? I work very closely
with the GA product team as a Google Analytics Certified Partner.
Below are some of the advanced features used on tracking for some
recent projects.

Online stock trading
E-commerce
Mobile
Streaming Video/Audio
Advertising Keyword Tracking
Custom Variables/Event Tracking

Please let me know if this is of interest. Also open to suggestions!

Best,

Jim Snyder
Empirical Path
Jim.s...@empiricalpath.com
Google Analytics Certified Partner

On Oct 17, 10:07 am, Charlie Collins <charlie.coll...@gmail.com>

Andrew Thornton

Oct 18, 2011, 10:13:25 PM10/18/11
to gtug-a...@googlegroups.com
I would really be interested in this as a topic. I use GA for a lot of my clients and a session on event tracking and streaming audio / video would be handy.

Andy Thornton
mobile: 404.932.7858

www.bohemianpixel.com | @bohemianpixel

SilverAnvil

Oct 19, 2011, 12:26:20 AM10/19/11
to gtug-a...@googlegroups.com
+1 for PlayN, any android stuff, and UX

Too many good things and not enough time to learn them all... Just the
way I like it.

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!"
Agatha Heterodyne (Girl Genius)

Charlie Collins

Oct 19, 2011, 12:26:21 PM10/19/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
+1 for GA.

I use it on mobile and might be able to add some tips there, but in
general would like to learn more. I'll follow up about getting that
set up.

Thanks Jim.

On Oct 18, 10:02 pm, JIm Snyder <jim.sny...@empiricalpath.com> wrote:
> Is there interest in Google Analytics as a topic?  I work very closely
> with the GA product team as a Google Analytics Certified Partner.
> Below are some of the advanced features used on tracking for some
> recent projects.
>
> Online stock trading
> E-commerce
> Mobile
> Streaming Video/Audio
> Advertising Keyword Tracking
> Custom Variables/Event Tracking
>
> Please let me know if this is of interest.  Also open to suggestions!
>
> Best,
>
> Jim Snyder
> Empirical Path
> Jim.sny...@empiricalpath.com

JIm Snyder

Oct 19, 2011, 12:34:56 PM10/19/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
Thanks Charlie. Everyone please let me know any specific requests to
cover. I realize that many are familiar with GA. I'm assuming people
attending want to look at GA from an implementation and technical
perspective but if there are specific features or use cases i can
focus on please let me know.

Cheers,

Jim
On Oct 19, 12:26 pm, Charlie Collins <charlie.coll...@gmail.com>

JIm Snyder

Oct 19, 2011, 12:37:20 PM10/19/11
to GTUG-Atlanta
Thanks Andy - for the interest. I'm happy to cover the rich media
tracking and provide some examples and reporting.

Best,

Jim