Re: [GTSAM] a problem with fixedlag marginalization

Brice Rebsamen

Sep 14, 2020, 12:00:03 PM9/14/20
to huanhexiao, gtsam users
Hello
This should work, so the first that comes to mind is that you made a mistake somewhere. Unfortunately it's hard to provide more help than the following advice: go back to studying the example for the IncrementalFixedLagSmoother and double check your code (a strategy is to trim your code to reduce the complexity as much as possible so that it's easier to grok what's going on). Good luck.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 8:47 AM huanhexiao <huanh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, there.
I met a problem using IncrementalFixedLagSmoother, the following is a sketch of the factor graph:
Marg.png
The marginalization in IncrementalFixedLagSmoother has been done in the "update()" step, when it comes to the "calculateEstimate()", it throw an error :
"Requested variable 'x0' is not in this VectorValues."

I have checked all factors in the IncrementalFixedLagSmoother after the marginalization, "x0" has been removed from the variables,  and no factor contains "x0" at all. That makes me confused too much.
Any help!

navid km

Sep 15, 2021, 5:00:38 AM9/15/21
to gtsam users
I get the exact error when using ISAM2  IncrementalFixedLagSmoother marginalization, in update() step. My graph is very similar to the above picture, and I use BearingRangeFactor for the landmarks.
Do you came into any conclusion or any solution found?
Best
Navid