Factor based on lines

Leroy Pierre

Jun 22, 2024, 3:22:03 AMJun 22
to gtsam users
Hello,

I'm working in python and I'm looking to model lines. For each image (front-end) I receive, I detect poles which I model by a cylinder and I would like to use the axis of the cylinder as a landmark in gtsam.

I'm currently planning to project two Point3s for each axis, one at ground level and one at a fixed height.

Can you think of other ways? Can gtsam integrate lines as factors?
Thanks

Dellaert, Frank

Jun 22, 2024, 8:10:56 PMJun 22
to Leroy Pierre, gtsam users
Sure, there are many papers. One of ours predates GTSAM, but you can find it here:https://repository.gatech.edu/entities/publication/9973f26d-6ff4-423f-88a3-8db2b03333c7

At CVPR, there was a cool paper from Marc Pollefeys' group that probably has a much more up-to-date related work section. Good luck hunting!

FD

Best!
Frank