Do you need to reset the PreintegratedCombinedMeasurements object?

Zack

Aug 25, 2021, 12:38:31 PM8/25/21
to gtsam users
Hi,

I notice in some code that some people call 'resetIntegrationAndSetBias'. I can understand that you need to reset the integration to clear the previous IMU measurements. In my existing code I actually create a new PreintegratedCombinedMeasurements object each time I need to integrate measurements using my initial noise model.

Was it intended to use the same object but call reset each time? My knowledge of biases is not great but could my biases be incorrect if I do not use the same object?