Dropbox?

Dro

Oct 24, 2011, 11:45:56 AM10/24/11
to GTM OAuth 1 Discussion
Sorry I'm a bit new to this.

Would this be able to hook up to Dropbox?
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/start/authentication

Best regards

Dro

Greg Robbins

Oct 24, 2011, 2:17:42 PM10/24/11
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not aware of developers using gtm-oauth with Dropbox. Hopefully it will work, though different server implementations of the OAuth protocol can lead to surprises.

Jonny Bergström

Oct 25, 2011, 10:03:19 AM10/25/11
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
I might have gotten it wrong but the first step, getting a request
token, takes a POST request with the parameters specified here
http://oauth.net/core/1.0/#rfc.section.6.1.1
Tried to look into the request of the request token, but it seems it's
always a GET kind of request. It seems the kind of OAuth is quite
different after all (?)

Greg Robbins

Oct 25, 2011, 11:25:48 AM10/25/11
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
There's typically little or no body to the request token fetch. OAuth 1 prefers that its parameters be passed in the header for either GET or POST operations.