Re: EXC_BAD_ACCESS after closiing the window

James Dumay

Jul 6, 2013, 2:54:33 AM7/6/13
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan,

I've run into the same crash when using the flickr API too. Were you able to get anywhere with it?

Thanks
James

On Monday, May 27, 2013 6:17:30 PM UTC+10, Juan Garcia wrote:
Hi,

I'm using GTH OAuth1 to perform the oauth flow on flickr.

I'm able to get the flickr screen with the permissions I am askign for and authorize them, but after the window closes, and it tried to get the 'access' url, I'm getting a EXC_BAD_ACCESS.
The lines when the debugger halts with the error seems to be: WebCore`WebCore::DocumentLoader::setRequest(WebCore::ResourceRequest const&):

I must be missing something obvious, as I haven't seen any issue related to this. Any clue I can follow?

Kind regards

Juan Garcia

Jul 7, 2013, 5:53:26 PM7/7/13
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes. I think it it just that last commit is not ok. I looked at the changes of last commit and took previous version and it works fine now. I may be wrong, but I think it is just those changes.

Kind regards

Andrew Sempere

May 4, 2014, 4:08:31 PM5/4/14
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
I realize I'm posting to this thread nearly a year later, but I just ran into the same problem (and was able to get around it based on Juan's comment). For those poor souls who encounter this in the future when using this code in cocoa desktop ap:

The trouble is on line 273 of GTMOAuthWindowController.m

[[self webView] stopLoading:nil];

This line causes a EXC_BAD_ACCESS somewhere in the guts of webkit - I haven't had the time to figure out what should happen here, but for now commenting out that line will let you move ahead. I suspect the obvious (the view is getting de-alloced before it should be).

Axel Zehden

Apr 27, 2015, 3:51:56 PM4/27/15
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
It's the same in the GTMOAuth2WindowController if you are using Oauth2!
Got the problem by authenticating to Onedrive and commenting out the stopLoading fixed it.