How are you storing your OAuth Consumer key and secret in ios app

revoohc

Aug 17, 2012, 11:49:23 AM8/17/12
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
I'm just wondering how most of you are storing you OAuth consumer keys and secrets in your iOS app?  Currently I just have mine stored in the code as we've been developing.  But now since I've gotten our app to a beta stage, I need to figure out the best way to securely store these keys so we can feel confident releasing the code to the app store.  This is the first app I've written, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

revoohc

Greg Robbins

Aug 17, 2012, 12:45:16 PM8/17/12
to gtm-...@googlegroups.com
There is not a secure way to store the consumer key and secret in a native application. Just put them in constant strings in your app.

The "secret" is not really considered a secret.  OAuth service providers are aware of this.