Issues about WebQQ Protocol session integration

Xiang Wang

Aug 6, 2012, 1:55:14 AM8/6/12
to Riccardo Bortolato, svenb...@gmail.com, gtkqq-dev
Dears,

Thanks for your great support on integration with libwebqq project to add a new session in emesene.
I have implemented the more than basic feature in my branch of emesene.
And the next step is to merge with the main branch of emesene that u have maintaining.

1. The libwebqq is a C++ project which was wrapped  by swig as to python, so I wonder that if C++ source code is needed to be integrated into emesene. Currently , I did not add c++ source code in my local branch of emesene, but added the binary library and python wrapper file in local branch.
2. libwebqq project depends on curl library and swig tool. And the automake script I written is only for Linux-like system. If emesene runs on windows-like system , it may need much many code to fix the requirement. or we can detect the system version in emesene code, and ignore to import libwebqq session in non-linux system.
3. For my option, The binary file integration is not good enough, if possible , let emesene build libwebqq c++ code to generate the binary library file and install it to right place is a better choice.

And another little thing, how to set a session icon in emesene? Before login , emesene will give out many session for user to choose. each session has a icon, but I did not find out how to set it....

Thanks a lot.
Waiting for your replay.

--

Best Regards~

Xiang Wang

CDC, TrendMicro

Xiang Wang

Aug 16, 2012, 4:37:02 AM8/16/12
to Riccardo (c10ud), svenb...@gmail.com, gtkqq-dev, Devid Antonio Filoni, Emesene developers mailing list
Dear Riccardo,

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Sorry for replying this mail so late.
And I have submitted a pull request to emesene master branch.
Please help to verify the code and merge it.

By the way.
I have removed binary data from my branch.
Another C++ project with the name libwebqq should be installed that the webqq session can show up.

If possible, Could  Devid Antonio Filoni please give me the suggestion how to handle it for emesene supporting webqq session?

Thanks all :)

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Riccardo (c10ud) <c10u...@gmail.com> wrote:
2012/8/6 Xiang Wang <wxje...@gmail.com>:

> Dears,
>
> Thanks for your great support on integration with libwebqq project to add a
> new session in emesene.
> I have implemented the more than basic feature in my branch of emesene.
> And the next step is to merge with the main branch of emesene that u have
> maintaining.

once you're satisfied with your code just open a pull request and we
can merge it with no problem.
even if it's not finished merging can help spotting eventual mistakes,
bugs or similar, and maybe users can start testing your code from the
git master

> 1. The libwebqq is a C++ project which was wrapped  by swig as to python, so
> I wonder that if C++ source code is needed to be integrated into emesene.
> Currently , I did not add c++ source code in my local branch of emesene, but
> added the binary library and python wrapper file in local branch.

no need to integrate the full src.
the "debian way" to do this would be creating a new package (e.g.
libwebqq) and then another package for the python bindings (e.g.
python-libwebqq)
emesene would then have a soft dependency on the python-libwebqq one
and show the qq protocol only if python-libwebqq is installed.
ofcourse the only way to do this (i'm not an expert in the packaging
field) is contacting some guy to help with it (...i know a very busy
debian developer, devid filoni, maybe he could help with this
task..but maybe a chinese developer could be better since he could
test the lib more. anyway, i'll cc devid)

otherwise we completely integrate the src in emesene, i know there's a
way to make setup.py build c stuff (we had this in the past when we
embedded libmimic), this is not nice (debian will hate this) but it
could speed up packaging etc. (after all emesene is the only user of
this new library..?) again i'm no expert on this so i'm a little
unsure on how the best way would be. also: do you plan to change the
lib a lot or is it stable/complete? that may count

> 2. libwebqq project depends on curl library and swig tool. And the automake
> script I written is only for Linux-like system. If emesene runs on
> windows-like system , it may need much many code to fix the requirement. or
> we can detect the system version in emesene code, and ignore to import
> libwebqq session in non-linux system.

no need to worry about this, we just don't show the session if the
python import fails

> 3. For my option, The binary file integration is not good enough, if
> possible , let emesene build libwebqq c++ code to generate the binary
> library file and install it to right place is a better choice.

embedding binaries is a no-no, but see option #1 for my thoughts. you
also need to consider which platform (here i mean distribution) you
want to target first: debian? ubuntu? arch? rhel?

> And another little thing, how to set a session icon in emesene? Before login
> , emesene will give out many session for user to choose. each session has a
> icon, but I did not find out how to set it....

i don't rememeber exactly where we set it, but first we need an icon
with a good license ;)

> Thanks a lot.
> Waiting for your replay.

greets