Greetings consortium members and transit stakeholders,
We are looking to learn more about the challenges and practical considerations for adopting the GTFS-ride data standard. What challenges and practical considerations are most important to focus work upon? Also, please comment if you have information or insights related the following questions:
- Do you foresee significant challenges in connecting your ridership data to GTFS elements (e.g., trip_id, stop_id, route_id, etc.)?
- What "wow" factors would add value to your organization and help incentivize the adoption of GTFS-ride?
- Would estimates of NTD metrics (e.g., passenger miles traveled/capita, vehicle revenue miles/capita, etc.) be a useful functionality of GTFS-ride support software and help incentivize its adoption?
- What help or assistance would your organization require to adopt the continued use of GTFS-ride?
- Are there any partnerships with other organizations that you envision could be beneficial in helping to facilitate the implementation of GTFS-ride?
- How do you see your organization using GTFS-ride?
- Does your organization have any current plans for the adoption of the GTFS-ride data standard?
The GTFS-ride project team highly values your feedback and feels these discussion threads will help engage the stakeholder community and further the development of the GTFS-ride data standard.