Static vs RealTime. Do I need to create the Static files and use RealTime Feed to update the schedules? Or do I need just the RealTime Feed?

Tharnadar

Nov 27, 2020, 6:17:42 AM11/27/20
to GTFS-realtime
Hello everyone, we need to provide public transportation information via GTFS to our customers, at the moment we are already providing the schedule informations via Static files integration.
We would like to integrate RealTime feed to GTFS, but we cannot understand if the RealTime feed integration is an all-around integration, or they are just updated data based on the Static integration we already have?
Thank you

Stefan de Konink

Nov 27, 2020, 6:21:21 AM11/27/20
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Friday, 27 November 2020 12:17:42 CET, Tharnadar wrote:
> information via GTFS to our customers, at the moment we are
> already providing the schedule informations via Static files
> integration.
> We would like to integrate RealTime feed to GTFS, but we cannot
> understand if the RealTime feed integration is an all-around
> integration, or they are just updated data based on the Static
> integration we already have?

It all starts with the network (routes, stops, etc.) and the timetable
(trips and stoptimes) from GTFS. That is your template to start sending
GTFS-RT about. You need the schedules and your trip_id etc. should match
what is in the schedules.

--
Stefan