Re: [GTFS-realtime] Digest for gtfs-realtime@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Sandro Batista

Feb 17, 2022, 12:45:57 PM2/17/22
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fernando Peña,

If your idea is to display real-time data on top of more static data(GTFS-RT over GTFS) we provide a SaaS platform where you just need to point to your feeds without any code.

We have made some samples for public GTFS-RT data for the Netherlands, Finland, Portugal. Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJl7wUg1gqE&ab_channel=MapifyIoT

The entire product that can do much more (more types of data, API driven information, SDK, etc.) is Mapify - https://www.mapify.ai/

Drop me a line if you want to know more.

Best,
Sandro

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 4:40 PM <gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"Fernando Peña" <ferba...@gmail.com>: Feb 16 10:18AM -0800

Hello everyone, my name is Elias and I'm very interested in working with
GTFS-realtime. However, I have understood everything related to what it
means and what it needs to work.

But I didn't find examples, what software I need to visualize it and even
the first steps.

I don't want to generate feeds, I just want to view them and be able to use
them in an application, but I would like to know what steps I should follow.

Please, I would really appreciate it.
Bodo Minea <bodo...@gmail.com>: Feb 17 11:39AM +0200

Hi, if my understanding is correct you're inquiring about consuming
GTFS-Realtime.

Advice on this matter greatly depends on what you want to accomplish. For
most of the times, GTFS-Realtime is only useful as a complement, augmenting
existing static GTFS (the ZIP of CSVs) data that describes the transit
network.

You could set up an OpenTripPlanner instance to consume static and realtime
feeds and then query it's APIs for planning results, if accurate transit
journey planning integration is your goal. If you want to play around with
the raw data or manually bring it into your application or analysis, you
should look at decoding libraries for the programming language you're
familiar with. Google provides some libraries and examples -
https://developers.google.com/transit/gtfs-realtime/examples/code-samples

În mie., 16 feb. 2022 la 20:18, Fernando Peña <ferba...@gmail.com> a
scris:

--
Cu stimă,
*Minea Claudiu Bogdan*

Fernando Peña

Feb 17, 2022, 1:28:24 PM2/17/22
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for answering me Sandro Batista.

The video which you sent me looks very interesting, I would be interested in more information about what you told me.

However, first I would like to know if that platform is open-source, because I am developing a project, but what I need is to visualize the data in real time, like a schedule.

I have read that a web server is needed and I only need to send the necessary data to the client.

I would like to know if the project that you mentioned could be related to what I need.

Thank you very much and I am attentive.