PR #265 - Proposal: Add pickup and drop-off types to GTFS-RT

Eric Ouyang

Mar 23, 2021, 3:34:34 PMMar 23
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi GTFS-realtime community!

As per section 3 of the GTFS-realtime specification amendment process, I'm announcing PR #265 on the google/transit repo to adopt pickup and drop-off types as experimental fields in GTFS-realtime.

Please take a look and leave your comments/feedback on the PR!

Thanks,
Eric
---
Eric Ouyang (he/him) - LinkedIn
Product Manager, Swiftly Inc.

Eric Ouyang

Mar 31, 2021, 12:36:40 PMMar 31
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all - Since this PR has been open for more than a week, as per section 4 of the GTFS Realtime specification amendment process, I'm calling for a vote to officially adopt pickup and drop-off types as experimental fields in GTFS-realtime.

As per section 6, the vote period will be at least 1 week and therefore will close on Thursday, April 8th at 23:59:59 UTC.

You can vote with a +1 (in favor) or -1 (against) at https://github.com/google/transit/pull/265.

Thanks!
Eric
---
Eric Ouyang (he/him) - LinkedIn
Product Manager, Swiftly Inc.

Eric Ouyang

Aug 17, 2021, 8:07:35 AMAug 17
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all -

Per section 4 of the GTFS Realtime specification amendment process, I'm calling for a vote to adopt GTFS-NewShapes as experimental within GTFS-realtime, to support the real-time transmission of shape information, such as for presenting detours within a passenger application. You can vote with a +1 (in favor) or -1 (against) at https://github.com/google/transit/pull/272.

Additionally, I'd like to call a revote for adopting pickup and drop-off types as experimental fields in GTFS-realtimeYou can vote with a +1 (in favor) or -1 (against) at https://github.com/google/transit/pull/265.

As per section 6, the voting period for these two pull requests will be at least 1 week and therefore will close on Wednesday, Aug 24th at 23:59:59 UTC.

Thanks!
Eric
---
Eric Ouyang (he/him) - LinkedIn
Product Manager, Swiftly Inc.

Eric Ouyang

Aug 27, 2021, 12:43:45 AMAug 27
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi GTFS-realtime community!

As per section 3 of the GTFS-realtime specification amendment process, I'm re-announcing PR #265 on the google/transit repo, which based on feedback from the community has new non-editorial changes to deprecate SKIPPED in favor of
 using MODIFIED and pickup and drop-off types instead.

The rationale here is to support a more detailed relationship of a vehicle to a scheduled stop beyond skipping it completely, such as a vehicle that may stop but won't pick up any new passengers ("drop-off only"), a technique used by agencies to regain time when running late or address a gap in service. This also will bring GTFS-realtime into consistency with GTFS-static's stop_times.txt.

Users will continue to be able to represent the SKIPPED scenario by specifying drop_off_type=NO_DROP_OFF and pickup_type=NO_PICKUP using StopTimeProperties.