Service Alerts - Entrance or Elevator Outage

ROCS PREDICTOR

Jan 26, 2021, 4:00:00 PMJan 26
to GTFS-realtime
Hi  there,

We are trying to upgrade our service alerts in GTFS -RT as the same time as our Pathways.

I have noticed that only the following entities can be selected according to https://gtfs.org/reference/realtime/v2/#message-entityselector :

agency_id, route_id, route_type, direction_id, trip and stop_id.

As part of our pathways implementation will include entrances and elevator information in stop.txt which will provide an id to be use.

Can we create alerts making reference to the entrances and elevators if they are define in stop.txt?

Thanks in advance for your support,
Javier

Stefan de Konink

Jan 26, 2021, 4:01:27 PMJan 26
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 10:00:00 PM CET, ROCS PREDICTOR wrote:
> Can we create alerts making reference to the entrances and
> elevators if they are define in stop.txt?

I would consider this in line with other standards such as SIRI SX, so yes.

--
Stefan

mike.bo...@googlemail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 3:37:28 AMJan 27
to GTFS-realtime
Hi Javier,
hi all,

the question is, if google maps accept only the elevator id?

I use the stop.txt exact for the same issue. In fact I have to give the stop-id to google maps.
The transport agency automatically pick up alerts from a different system and push them to google maps via gtfs-rt.

There are no parent stops, so every platform is a single stop-id.
In this case the escalator with malfunction gives an alert to both entry-id (stop-id).

entity {
  id: "3"
  alert {
    active_period {
      start: 1576305300
      end: 1576324800
    }
    informed_entity {
      stop_id: "37321"
    }
    informed_entity {
      stop_id: "37322"
    }
    cause: TECHNICAL_PROBLEM
    effect: OTHER_EFFECT
    url {
      translation {
        language: "de-de"
      }
    }
    header_text {
      translation {
        text: "Haltestelle Dortmund Ostentor: Die Fahrtreppe ist nicht verf\303\274gbar. (Zugang West/Nord_Verteilerebene)"
        language: "de-de"
      }
    }
  }
}

Regards

Mike

Cristhian Hellion Avila

Jan 29, 2021, 5:18:25 PMJan 29
to GTFS-realtime

Hello Javier,

Thank you for contacting us.

  • About service alerts and station entrances: yes, you can create service alerts as entrances are considered as a location (aka a record in stops.txt with location_type=2). Therefore, you can select the entrance in message EntitySelector with the entrance’s stop_id.

  • About service alerts and elevators: no, you cannot create service alerts as elevators are considered as a pathway (aka a record in pathways.txt with pathway_mode=5). Therefore, an elevator must be identified with a pathway_id and cannot be selected (yet) in message EntitySelector with a stop_id.

The best way for you to do this is to use the GTFS-PathwayUpdates proposal. This extension hasn’t been adopted yet (only GTFS-PathwayRouting) so according to the amendment process at least one consumer and one producer should be implementing the proposed extension before a vote is called.

I would strongly suggest you to take a look at the proposal and see if you are able to produce the data with that data format. If yes, then I can put you in contact with the community so there might be some data consumer agencies that will be interested in collaborating with you in getting this adopted.

Looking forward to hearing from you on this!

Cristhian Hellion| en, sp, fr | Community Manager | MobilityData IO | mobilitydata.org

cris...@mobilitydata.org | +1 514 942 2903| Montréal, Québec, Canada