Realtime Feed link

AVTA Planning

Jul 2, 2022, 6:20:41 PM7/2/22
to GTFS-realtime
Hello all,

I am being asked for the link of my realtime feed, i am new at this and not so sure what is the link i can share.

Can you please provide guidance?

Thank you

Stefan de Konink

Jul 2, 2022, 6:32:13 PM7/2/22
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
On Sunday, July 3, 2022 12:20:41 AM CEST, AVTA Planning wrote:
> I am being asked for the link of my realtime feed, i am new at this and not
> so sure what is the link i can share.
>
> Can you please provide guidance?

If you publish a gtfs.zip file, that is considered your planning
information.

Your realtime information consist of multiple files having a .pb extension.
For example alerts.pb, vehiclePositions.pb and tripUpdates.pb or similar.
The location towards the webserver those files are placed on is requested.

--
Stefan

Joachim Pfeiffer

Jul 2, 2022, 6:44:40 PM7/2/22
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
AVTA as in Antelope Valley? I did a quick check, Transit.land has the following record:
The static feed that Stefan mentions is posted at https://www.avta.com/userfiles/files/google_transit.zip
The GTSF real-time feed files with the .pb file extension would be expected at a similar location. They are dynamic, i.e. change every minute depending on how the fleet tracking system has been integrated. Speaking of - does AVTA have a fleet tracking (aka CAD/AVL) system? If that's the case, a data feed might be available to the public, albeit not necessarily in GTFS-RT format.
JP

AVTA Planning

Jul 2, 2022, 7:14:43 PM7/2/22
to GTFS-realtime
Thank you so much for this information. I have been able to share the static feed as i edit it to add our fare information. the CAD/AVL company helped me with the realtime feed and i have a secondary agency asking me for the link to it and i'm not sure how to reply to it. But this was really helpful.

Thank you.

Ivan Volosyuk

Jul 6, 2022, 1:38:44 AM7/6/22
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com
The link of realtime feed is I guess is a htts(s) URL others can download the feed from. Thus, if you are going to provide the realtime data to someone you probably need a server which serves that changing realtime data via a stable http address, e.g. http://example.com/my_rt_feed . The data you serve should probably come up in binary protocol buffer format.