Deprecating Google GTFS Reference Content in Favor of gtfs.org

Brian Ferris

Aug 21, 2023, 1:13:22 PM8/21/23
to gtfs-r...@googlegroups.com

I wanted to give a heads-up that Google is officially deprecating key GTFS reference content hosted at https://developers.google.com/transit/ in favor of equivalent resources at https://gtfs.org/.  Under the stewardship of MobilityData, gtfs.org has increasingly become the canonical resource for the GTFS spec.  We believe it's in the best interest of the ecosystem to drop our own equivalent pages for the sake of clarity.

We have added notices to a number of our pages (see full list below), noting the pending deprecation.  In a few months time, we will add permanent redirects for these pages to their gtfs.org equivalents.  If you have any questions or concerns about this migration, please reach out.  Thanks!

Brian

Affected Pages:

https://developers.google.com/transit/

  gtfs/reference

  gtfs/guides/best-practices

  gtfs/guides/changes-overview

  gtfs/guides/guiding-principles

  gtfs/guides/revision-history

  gtfs-realtime/guides/feed-entities

  gtfs-realtime/guides/trip-updates

  gtfs-realtime/guides/service-alerts

  gtfs-realtime/guides/vehicle-positions

  gtfs-realtime/reference

  gtfs-realtime/gtfs-realtime-proto

  gtfs-realtime/guides/changes-overview

  gtfs-realtime/guides/guiding-principles

  gtfs-realtime/guides/revision-history

  gtfs-realtime/guides/extensions

  gtfs-realtime/examples/code-samples

Leonard Ehrenfried

Aug 21, 2023, 1:20:56 PM8/21/23
to Brian Ferris
Quite the contrary. I think this is a really great move!

Best,
Leonard