GTFS-RT implementation about updated buses

Florian PADUA

Jun 10, 2024, 9:37:15 AMJun 10
to GTFS-realtime
Hello everyone,

We integrate several GTFS-RT streams into our applications.

Today, when we receive real-time data, we enter it in the database. If the next time we retrieve the information, we no longer have the information in the real time of the flow, we keep the information and apply a delay until the bus passes the stop.

Is it a good practice to consider that the information is still valid in the absence of "cancelled" type information

Today one of our flows does not have the capacity to send a “trip canceled” message but wants that in the absence of data we consider that the information is obsolete

thank you for your comeback