We just posted the March 30, 2008 update to the spec. As always, you
can find the official spec at:
This version is almost identical to the March 17th draft version
posted here. To recap, here's the list of changes (in order of
* A new section on making a transit feed publicly available. This
wasn't previously discussed on the group, because it wasn't strictly a
change to how the data is interpreted or written. However, some of
the folks at Google thought that it would be informative to include
discussion of non-Google uses of GTFS, since there are an increasing
number of applications that can make use of GTFS-formatted data.
* CSV format clarifications, as discussed in this thread:
* Additional guidance on how to pick contrasting colors in the
descriptions of the route_color and route_text_color fields.
* trip_short_name, as proposed and tested in these threads:
* A fix for a minor error in the sample data included at the end of
the document (giving stop S7 the parent_station S8).
There were a few more small tweaks:
* Added "agency_lang" information to the sample data at the end of the
document, as suggested by Marcy during the comment period:
* Updated the link to OCTA's GTFS feed in the sidebar
Thanks to everyone for your proposals, comments, and tests of the new