In the interest of focused discussion, please keep your comments
relevant to the changes in this version of the doc, as outlined below.
(Minor typos/bugs are also fair game.) Any other significant
additions should be proposed and debated in their own threads, for
potential inclusion in future updates.
Here's the draft document file:
The changes are (in order of appearance):
* A new section on making a transit feed publicly available. This
wasn't previously discussed on the group, because it wasn't strictly a
change to how the data is interpreted or written. However, some of
the folks at Google thought that it would be informative to include
discussion of non-Google uses of GTFS, since there are an increasing
number of applications that can make use of GTFS-formatted data.
* CSV format clarifications, as discussed in this thread:
* Additional guidance on how to pick contrasting colors in the
descriptions of the route_color and route_text_color fields.
* trip_short_name, as proposed and tested in these threads:
* A fix for a minor error in the sample data included at the end of
the document (giving stop S7 the parent_station S8).