Dear Peter, I'm disappointed...

odoyle81

Aug 10, 2010, 4:14:52 PM8/10/10
to gTasks
Hi,

I've been a fan of this app since the beginning, and I even paid you
despite the shady way that you slipped restrictions in one of the
updates.
I hoped that at some point, you would finally develop and release drag
and drop reordering (since this was the #1 requested feature in your
own poll, http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=1369f8&t=1369f9)
You never did, and in fact, once the paid version was working, you
essentially stopped developing this, leaving us all wondering what we
paid for.
So let me just say I'm disappointed - this had alot of potential, but
you never took it to the next level

Finally, I'd like to let everyone else on this board know that I have
moved on and discovered a superior app - what peter's app should have
been, that is FREE (ad supported) and has reordering and indenting of
tasks and runs beautifully!
Check it out:
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/gtasks_iehd.html?nav=area

mike johnson

Aug 10, 2010, 8:19:37 PM8/10/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
I did the same thing. love GTasks!

Jeff Simmons

Aug 10, 2010, 8:54:25 PM8/10/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the Dato gtasks app is everything I thought the SSI gtasks would have been had the dev responded to requests and criticisms with program updates instead of debate.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 4:14 PM, odoyle81 <pault...@gmail.com> wrote:
Message has been deleted

mdfritz

Aug 14, 2010, 6:12:12 PM8/14/10
to gTasks
I would have to ditto all of this. However, after I jumped ship and
went with Dato's gtasks for a while, I noticed that Dato's version
lacked a few critical functionality features that Peter's app
implements well. Put them both to the test and see for yourself:

1. background sync: I added a mission critical task on my PC. ran to
an appointment for work, looked for the task on Dato's Gtask. Low and
behold--not there. I had to manually sync it to get it to show up and
I wasn't in the fastest data network area, so it wasn't a seamless
experience like it used to be with Peter's app.
Try putting the two widgets (Peter's and Dato's) side by side for the
same list and add a task on your PC and see which widget syncs on its
own in the background.

2. Quickly adding a task from the list view (not the widget quick
add): Dato's makes you use the menu button to pull up a "new task"
button. I find that a bit annoying. Peter's has a quick add box at the
top of each list. (Note, however, that adding a task from Dato's
widget is a lot quicker than Peter's widget).

3. List swipe fluidity: Dato's animations are eratic and laggy.
Peter's version isn't flashy, but swiping lists is pretty darn quick
and reliable.

I know there are a lot more useful features on Dato's that we have all
been waiting for, but to be honest, since we didn't have them before,
I never got into the habit of indenting and moving tasks up and down
or from list to list on my phone, so I never really felt compelled to
those on features Dato's gtasks anyway.

For now I think I will switch back to using Peter's but keep them both
on my phone until someone out does the other in both features AND
functionality.

On Aug 10, 4:14 pm, odoyle81 <paultan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been a fan of this app since the beginning, and I even paid you
> despite the shady way that you slipped restrictions in one of the
> updates.
> I hoped that at some point, you would finally develop and release drag
> and drop reordering (since this was the #1 requested feature in your
> own poll,http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=1369f8&t=1369f9)
> You never did, and in fact, once the paid version was working, you
> essentially stopped developing this, leaving us all wondering what we
> paid for.
> So let me just say I'm disappointed - this had alot of potential, but
> you never took it to the next level
>
> Finally, I'd like to let everyone else on this board know that I have
> moved on and discovered a superior app - what peter's app should have
> been, that is FREE (ad supported) and has reordering and indenting of
> tasks and runs beautifully!
> Check it out:http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/gtasks_i...

danymullos

Aug 15, 2010, 4:42:38 PM8/15/10
to gTasks
I agree with mdfritz. I find that dato's gtasks often has problems on
my galaxy - background messages saying the the gtasks process is not
responding (dato not ssi). I also have a lot of lists, and I find
that I can very quickly find them in the list view of lists in Peter's
gtasks. So his is the one I'm sticking with. Surprised we haven't
heard from him...

Jeff Simmons

Aug 15, 2010, 7:57:29 PM8/15/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com