Updating to new version in AndAppStore

John

May 8, 2010, 4:11:40 PM5/8/10
to gTasks
I started using gTasks last fall or so and then purchased it when it
went to a paid app a few months ago. Totally happy with it. I was
just (May 8) notified via the AndAppStore that an upgrade was
available. So I upgraded.

Now I'm being told I need to pay to continue to use it. I thought I
already did that..... So, I have questions:

1- As a registered user, am I entitled to upgrades?
2- If I am not entitled to upgrades, I think I should have been warned
before I upgraded. I want to go back to the previous version and not
upgrade. How do I do that?
3- If I am entitled to upgrades, how do I notify gTasks that I already
paid?

MotoNoob

May 8, 2010, 4:33:04 PM5/8/10
to gTasks
Don't upgrade in Android Market. These notifications are a glitch and
should be ignored. In another thread the guy from AndAppStore says
you will get proper upgrade notices from AAS. If you already
"upgraded" back to free version then try logging into the AAS app and
download again.

Al Sutton

May 8, 2010, 6:01:22 PM5/8/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
When you say you upgraded and then were told you needed to pay to continue using it can you tell me which of the following happened;

1) You downloaded the upgrade and gTasks said you needed to pay.

2) You tried to upgrade and AndAppStore said you needed to pay.

If it's 1 then you'll need to talk to Peter, if it's 2 then I can see what has happened with your account because if you buy and download via AndAppStore then all updates to gTasks should be free for the device you downloaded gTasks to.

Al.
--

* Looking for Android Apps? - Try http://andappstore.com/ *

======
Funky Android Limited is registered in England & Wales with the company number 6741909.

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

John

May 9, 2010, 3:35:32 PM5/9/10
to gTasks
Hi Al,

I was notified by AndAppStore that I needed to upgrade. After
downloading the upgrade, and then installing, I opened up the new
upgraded version of gTasks. gTasks informed me that I needed to pay
to continue using the premium features.

So, I don't think this is an AndAppStore problem, but a gTasks problem
for Peter.

And just to clarify what I stated in the first post. This is an
upgrade through AndAppStore, not Android Market. I purchased gTasks
when it first went to a paid app.

So, I'm hoping I don't have to pay for the upgrade, but if I do, I'd
like to simply go back to the version I had previously paid for and
was working just fine.

JSH

flape

May 9, 2010, 3:45:47 PM5/9/10
to gTasks
Hi John,

1. go to AndAppStore client
2. download gTasks FULL
3. install it
4. now you should have "gTasks key" installed
5. gTasks should be unlocked

BR
Peter

mike johnson

May 9, 2010, 4:43:03 PM5/9/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
cool just got the key .apk, installed 0.3.6 everything works great. thanks Peter for clearing that up

John

May 10, 2010, 3:32:53 PM5/10/10
to gTasks
Got it yesterday and installed key. Everything's OK now, thanks.

JSH