Market version different from AndAppStore version

leo

May 12, 2010, 3:14:04 AM5/12/10
to gTasks
Hi,

this morning I installed gTaks key and updated app through Market
(0.3.6m full).
Later AndAppStore informed me of new version and I installed this as
well.
Now it seems that after the latter, I am back on 0.3.50af and get the
"Expired, please update" message on apening gTasks.
I thought that both Market and AndAppStore would be in sync new as to
versions.
Why am I experiencing this discrenpancy???

Thanks,
leo

Peter Flachbart

May 12, 2010, 3:51:01 AM5/12/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
Dear Leo,

 thanks pointing that out. From my point of view, this shouldn't be happening. I have AndAppStore installed, have market version of gTasks + key and see no updates from AAS...

gTasks FULL in AAS == the key I provided ... so there shouldn't be a reason for update.

May be Al from AAS will have some explanation.

BR
Peter Flachbart

Al Sutton

May 12, 2010, 3:56:14 AM5/12/10
to gta...@googlegroups.com
The AAS client looks for a package name match then compares the version code from the version on AAS with the version code from the installed app, so this should only happen if the package names match (which I'd expect), and the version code from 0.3.50af on AndAppStore is greater than the code for 0.3.6m full from Market.

Al.
--

* Looking for Android Apps? - Try http://andappstore.com/ *

======
Funky Android Limited is registered in England & Wales with the company number  6741909.

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.