(off topic) Syntax trees in C# 5.0

Shad Sterling

Jul 20, 2012, 10:30:36 PM7/20/12
to gsu-csc4520...@googlegroups.com
Catching on on reading blogs and through this group might find this interesting: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ericlippert/archive/2012/06/08/persistence-facades-and-roslyn-s-red-green-trees.aspx

(It's about the implementation of the C# parse tree so that it can keep up with being updated after each keystroke.)

Rene Campbell

Jul 20, 2012, 10:51:27 PM7/20/12
to gsu-csc4520...@googlegroups.com

This is a pretty interesting data structure.  If you are interested in this you might there is a section in the textbook on radix trees.  Donald Knuth also references a similar data structure "The Art of Computer Programming" (a dated but still relevant text) but I think he refers to it as a Patricia tree.  I also would not be surprised if this was covered in the in the Automata class.

Regards,

Rene