Gstreamer's whepsrc and whipsink from gst-plugin-webrtchttp

Manish Taneja

Jan 17, 2024, 4:51:25 AMJan 17
to gstreamer-java
Hi all,

I am developing a Java application that requires the use of Gstreamer's whepsrc and whipsink functionality from the gst-plugin-webrtchttp. The client has requested that Gstreamer should not be installed on their system. Therefore, I am planning to use JNI and also create my own .so file.

However, I am unsure where to start and it seems like a labour-intensive task to create my own C/C++ file containing the required Gstreamer functionalities. Do you have any suggestions or tricks that I could use?

Thanks!!

Neil C Smith

Jan 17, 2024, 4:59:26 AMJan 17
to gstream...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manish,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 at 09:51, Manish Taneja <manish.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am developing a Java application that requires the use of Gstreamer's whepsrc and whipsink functionality from the gst-plugin-webrtchttp. The client has requested that Gstreamer should not be installed on their system. Therefore, I am planning to use JNI and also create my own .so file.
>
> However, I am unsure where to start and it seems like a labour-intensive task to create my own C/C++ file containing the required Gstreamer functionalities. Do you have any suggestions or tricks that I could use?

No need to post twice! All messages are moderated. I've let through
the second message, as your first seemed to be an unsubscribed email
address?

It's unclear whether your email is relevant for this group or not.

What does the client requesting that GStreamer not be installed mean?
You can certainly ship GStreamer locally inside your application and
use the bindings with it. You do this in the same way you'd handle
other native libraries, making sure paths are correctly configured,
etc.

If you're not planning to use the bindings, then this isn't the right
email list to discuss your problem.

We also offer commercial support in this area should you wish to take
that up - you can contact me directly.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Codelerity Ltd.

Codelerity Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales
Registered company number : 12063669
Registered office address : 3rd Floor Suite, 207 Regent Street,
London, W1B 3HH, England