Discussion

Bharath Kumar

Apr 21, 2013, 6:22:47 AM4/21/13
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello. This is Bharath. I am currently studying in 6th semester, Computer science, PESIT college, Bangalore.

I have great passion for multimedia technology. I also have done few web applications related to this.
I am well versed in C, C++, python and believe i have a good control over them.

Looking through the projects list in gsoc i found this interesting. I have gone through all the links posted.
I have few doubts to be cleared :
  1. Is this a standalone application or web application ?
  2. Which language is to be used ( C or Python) ? [ the source code in github is in C but issue #21 says requirement of python api ]
  3. Where can i start from?

Thanks

Tim Ansell

Apr 21, 2013, 7:55:57 AM4/21/13
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
On 21 April 2013 20:22, Bharath Kumar <bharat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. This is Bharath. I am currently studying in 6th semester, Computer science, PESIT college, Bangalore.

I have great passion for multimedia technology. I also have done few web applications related to this.
I am well versed in C, C++, python and believe i have a good control over them.

Looking through the projects list in gsoc i found this interesting. I have gone through all the links posted.
I have few doubts to be cleared :
  1. Is this a standalone application or web application ?
gst-switch is a standalone application.
  1. Which language is to be used ( C or Python) ? [ the source code in github is in C but issue #21 says requirement of python api ]
The code for gst-switch can be found at https://github.com/timvideos/gst-switch , it is written in C using gtk and gstreamer libraries.
  1. Where can i start from?
Start by downloading the gst-switch, building it (and gstreamer-1.0 via ./scripts/stage) and do a "make demo".

Tim