GSoC intro

Kartik Khare

Dec 4, 2014, 2:57:52 PM12/4/14
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
My name is Kartik Khare.I am a Pre-final year student from IIT Roorkee.I have quite an experience in Python, Java scripting and C++. I have been taking a look on gst-switch for 3-4 days now and now converting the run-demo.sh from bash script to python API.Have been facing quite a few problems which I posted on IRC under nick 'kharekartik'. I would love if I can get any help and also some ideas on any project.
Thanks & Regards,
Kartik Khare

Tim Ansell

Dec 7, 2014, 11:05:35 PM12/7/14
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kartik,

Welcome to TimVideos project!

On 5 December 2014 at 06:57, Kartik Khare <khare...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,
My name is Kartik Khare.I am a Pre-final year student from IIT Roorkee.I have quite an experience in Python, Java scripting and C++.

Most of the TimVideos projects are very heavy in their usage of Python. So knowing Python is a great resource!

We don't have any C++ projects, but gst-switch is written in C. It will probably take a while to get use to using the limited subset of C++ features available in C, but a lot of the code should still be familiar.

We don't use much javascript in the project, but the website part of the streaming system obviously needs too.

I have been taking a look on gst-switch for 3-4 days now and now converting the run-demo.sh from bash script to python API.

gst-switch is probably not the best project to start on as a beginner, however has been under quite a bit of active development recently.

Have been facing quite a few problems which I posted on IRC under nick 'kharekartik'.

It appears that we missed your question in the #gst-switch channel. I'd recommend instead chatting on the #timvideos channel.

I recommend trying to catch up with "hyades" or myself "mithro" on the channels.

I would love if I can get any help and also some ideas on any project.

You might want to look at the tasks in the getting started repo at https://github.com/timvideos/getting-started/issues

A couple of issues in that repo needs updating after the last GSoC, but there should be lots of good information there still.

Tim 'mithro' Ansell