GSOC Intro

Nithin Saji

Apr 11, 2013, 3:10:36 PM4/11/13
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
HI,
My Name is Nithin,I am currently doing dual degrees in Computer Science and Physics from Bits Pilani , Pilani .I am intrested in the speaker track plugin ,for gst switch.I have basic knowledge of c and c++ (university courses), done most of my scripting in python and ruby and java-script.I have also compiled some face recognition code in opencv code (not written by me ) in the past and understand it to hack something out of it . I saw the images posted in the other mailing list . Does this project have a working code base or still an Idea ?
And can I test this without the hardware ?

Regards,
Nithin

Tim Ansell

Apr 11, 2013, 9:34:08 PM4/11/13
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nithin,

One of the "hottest" project idea is to build a proper testing framework for the speakertrack segment of gst-switch. This doesn't require any hardware and is development of virtual PTZ camera. See https://github.com/timvideos/gst-switch/issues/23

The code for doing the speaker tracking can be found on the "speaker-tracking" branch of gst-switch - https://github.com/users/timvideos-website/emails/4641449/confirm_verification/ec9f94dcf8d8a72301b1cee9bfc9a8f6763e4ede

Your first step would be getting this to compile locally on your computer. Submitting patches for the documentation to make it easier for people to do this would also be a great start!

Tim

Tim Ansell

Apr 11, 2013, 9:38:12 PM4/11/13
to gst-s...@googlegroups.com
And incase you missed it, also checkout the following page