Re: YUYV support in gst-dsp?

Felipe Contreras

Nov 27, 2013, 10:01:01 AM11/27/13
to Tuomas Kulve, gst-dsp
Hi Tuomas,

Sorry I didn't reply to this mail, I haven't worked in gst-dsp in a long time.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Tuomas Kulve <tuo...@kulve.fi> wrote:
> gst-dsp supports only UYVY and I420. I was wondering if that's because the
> DSP firmware doesn't support any other formats or if you just haven't
> implemented other formats in gst-dsp?
>
> I don't know if the DSP firmware blobs have been documented somewhere, so I
> just grep'ed the formats and there are mentions of both in
> conversions.dll64P. E.g.:
>
> ResizeUYVY
> ResizeYUYV
>
> So if you happen to know any details about the YUYV support in DSP, that
> would be helpful.
>
> Or if the DSP doesn't support YUVY I could hack the "support" in gst-dsp by
> swapping the bytes in-place without any extra memory allocations.

AFAIK it's up to the codec itself to use conversions.dll64P, so if the
codec doesn't support this format, it doesn't matter of
conversions.dll64P does. You can try different values of the
color_format field in the codec arguments, and if one of those is YUVY
then it should be trivial to add such support, if not, a patch could
be added to add that support manually, if it's not too intrusive.

Why do you need this format?

--
Felipe Contreras