TI dsp binaries

cspiel

Jun 11, 2012, 4:55:21 AM6/11/12
to gst-dsp
Hello Felipe,

please could you give me some informations how to build the DSP
binaries for the DSP Bridge? Due to
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/beagleboard/mPlWxt5dkUQ
the DSP codecs are the same for DSP Bridge and DSP Link. We use the
DM3730. So, should I try to build the TI_dvsdk_dm3700-evm_4_03_00_06?
Is there the H.264 encoder included?

regards,
Christian Spielberger.

Felipe Contreras

Sep 12, 2012, 11:31:56 AM9/12/12
to cspiel, gst-dsp
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM, cspiel
<christian....@gmail.com> wrote:
> please could you give me some informations how to build the DSP
> binaries for the DSP Bridge? Due to
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/beagleboard/mPlWxt5dkUQ
> the DSP codecs are the same for DSP Bridge and DSP Link. We use the
> DM3730. So, should I try to build the TI_dvsdk_dm3700-evm_4_03_00_06?
> Is there the H.264 encoder included?

I am not familiar with the DSP Link, and although in theory you should
be able to use the davinci codecs, I don't know exactly how.

There are H.264 encoders that work with gst-dsp, but they are not
publicly available. Both the Nokia N9 and Nokia N900 have those
binaries.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras