[ANN] gst-dsp 0.10.1 released

Felipe Contreras

Jan 31, 2012, 1:10:17 PM1/31/12
to gst-dsp, beagl...@googlegroups.com, Maemo developers, gstreamer...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

Time for another minor release.

Mostly cleanups this time, but there's a few fixes that should improve
reliability.

Also, there's support support for TIDSPBRIDGE_CACHE_LINE_CHECK, so you
don't have to disable it anymore. And the "new" DMA API;
begin_dma/end_dma ioctls.

Most of these changes have been thoroughly tested in the internal
maemo6 branch, which is now public (and rebased on top of this
release):

 https://meego.gitorious.org/maemo-multimedia/gst-dsp/commits/maemo6-patches

There's already some stuff on the 'next' branch that I don't want to merge yet.

Next step is to cleanup the 'maemo6-patches' branch, and hopefully
merge most, if not all the patches :)

You can download the tarball from the usual place:
http://code.google.com/p/gst-dsp/downloads/list

Cheers.

Felipe Contreras (20):
      base: trivial cleanups
      Add gstdsp_vdec_len_fixup() helper
      tidsp/*dec: fix all the lengths of decoder output
      Use new DMA API
      Activate pinned buffers for missing encoders
      base: handle possible pinned buffer leaks
      ipp: fix direction of intermediary buffer
      ipp: fix direction of more buffers
      Change dmm_buffer size/len semantics a bit
      dmm_buffer: store correct size (aligned)
      Trivial cleanups for 'len'
      Refactor code into common gstdsp_map_buffer()
      util: cleanup gstdsp_map_buffer() a bit
      Use b->dir instead lf b->alignment
      Remove unused 'alignment' field
      util: cleanup a bit
      util: cleanup gstdsp_map_buffer() variables
      util: improve buffer alignment warning message
      bridge: add extra safety to be nice with valgrind
      dmm_buffer: set correct buffer attributes

Mark Nauwelaerts (3):
      tidsp: mp4venc: fix codec_data leak
      tidsp: mp4venc: ensure availability of codec data
      venc: indicate in src caps that h264 encoder produces au aligned data

--
Felipe Contreras

Peter Korsgaard

Jan 31, 2012, 5:11:45 PM1/31/12
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, gst-dsp

Felipe> Hi,
Felipe> Time for another minor release.

Felipe> Mostly cleanups this time, but there's a few fixes that should
Felipe> improve reliability.

Thanks, added to buildroot.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Felipe Contreras

Feb 3, 2012, 7:33:08 AM2/3/12
to Peter Korsgaard, beagl...@googlegroups.com, gst-dsp

Thanks. I wonder what's the best way to announce these releases so
they get picked to buildroot (it sometimes takes me some time to do
that myself). Is the beagleboard mailing list fine for you?

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras

Peter Korsgaard

Feb 3, 2012, 8:04:19 AM2/3/12
to Felipe Contreras, beagl...@googlegroups.com, gst-dsp

Hi,

>> Thanks, added to buildroot.

Felipe> Thanks. I wonder what's the best way to announce these releases so
Felipe> they get picked to buildroot (it sometimes takes me some time to do
Felipe> that myself). Is the beagleboard mailing list fine for you?

I only recently started following the beagleboard list, and can't
promise I'll continue doing it forever.

After ELCE we had a discussion about aggregating various embedded Linux
related news and blogs on something like planet.elinux.org, but so far
nothing has come out of it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard